Shipping & Returns Policy
Lazlo Plants purchase and shipping policies
Thank you for visiting Lazlo Plants for your house plant needs. To ensure your experience is as seamless as possible, please familiarize yourself with the Purchase and Shipping Policies below before making a purchase in our online store or bidding on an auction or social media plant purge. By accessing this website or making a purchase at our store or through any online outlet, you agree to be bound by these Purchase and Shipping Policies.
Online sales and auctions
- To purchase a plant from our online store, through our social media accounts or during one of our live auctions, you agree that you are at least the age of majority in your state or older. In most, but not all, jurisdictions, this is 18 years old.
- Repeatedly bidding on a product without the intent to purchase may result in being banned from future sales and auctions.
- Failure to pay after winning an auction may, at our sole discretion, result in being banned from future sales and auctions.
Plant processing and shipping
Where we ship
- We ship to all 50 states in the United States.
When we ship
- We ship within 5 days of your purchase.
- Due to weather conditions, especially in the colder months, there may be times shipping of plants is delayed. In these cases, we will notify the buyer of the delay.
How we ship
- Most plants are shipped in the pot in perlite or substrate. Some plants may be shipped bare root.
- All plants are packaged with care to minimize the chances of damage during shipping.
- It is our standard policy not to hold or combine multiple orders. However, we may, at our sole discretion, make exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
- We offer shipping via UPS and USPS.
- Heat packs are available upon request.
Live arrival guarantee
- We guarantee live arrival. If your plant arrives dead or has a major problem you must message us within 3 hours of the package arriving. We will either replace or give a credit. In some unique situations we will give refunds.
- To be covered by our Live Arrival Guarantee:
- The shipment must be received on the first delivery attempt or picked up by the client at the shipper’s facility on the same day as the first delivery attempt.
- Clear photos must be taken of the package before unboxing, the unboxing process needs to be recorded in full, and clear photos of the plants taken immediately after unboxing.
- Once your item is shipped, you will receive an automated email with tracking information. Please make sure to follow tracking so your plants do not sit outside once they are delivered.
Lost or destroyed boxes
- For destroyed boxes - send photos of destroyed boxes within 3 hours of delivery. Take photos of the box before opening.
- If the plant is ok, then nothing else is required. If the plant is destroyed, we move on to the same procedure as a lost box.
- Lost boxes - we will put a claim in and keep you updated. As soon as the shipping company agrees to cover the claim we will ship you out a replacement or give you a credit. Most times we ship you a new one right away though.
- Any other problems - notify us within 3 hours of package delivery. We will tell you how to proceed. Most messages we get are normal issues with having a plant in a box and we will walk you through any issues you may have.
⭐️ Things that void our terms
- Cutting or altering any part of the plant! This is IMPORTANT - DO NOT CUT ANYTHING ON THE PLANT before we respond to you.
- Being rude or abusive with our staff
- Making a PayPal claim before reaching out to us to correct. (We video every shipment going out in detail. If a claim is put in before we have a chance to sort it out with you, we then just adhere to PayPal Terms of Service and send everything they need to end the claim).
- Waiting longer than the times specified to notify us. (Again, within reason. If it’s an hour over and it wasn’t sitting in extreme heat or cold, then we understand).
- Having us ship to the wrong address. Please pay attention to this! We can not be responsible for you using the wrong address.
- Broken leaves or petioles, yellow leaves, etc. - this is very common when you put a plant in a box. Bent leaves, broken petioles can happen. This is a risk you take when putting a plant in a box. Yellow leaves and leaf loss is also very common when a plant is stressed. Just let it acclimate and it will be fine. (We do not do partial refunds, credits or exchanges for normal shipping stress or issues, we will walk you through how to handle the issue though).
- Pests - we are an outdoor nursery, pests happen! We treat all plants with a systemic pesticide at least 1 week before shipping, so any living pests are most likely fresh hatched and will die off. Your plant will be protected for up to 3 months after arrival, new growth will not be protected as it’s a contact systemic. (We do not do partial refunds, credits or exchanges for pests, we walk you through how to handle them though).
- For all plants coming into your home you should have a quarantine procedure. If you need help with that, message us and we will walk you through it! Neem and Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew are a great start!!! (For any major infestations contact us. This is extremely unlikely but we are human, so I guess it’s possible). We do not do partial refunds, credits or exchanges for minor bug issues.
At the end of the day we want everyone to be very happy with our company and anyone that knows us, knows that we go out of our way to make sure you are satisfied. Please be reasonable with us.
Delays and damage
- Once a package has left our facility, we have no control over how shipping companies handle the package or when it is delivered. We are not responsible for any damages due to delayed or mishandled packages.
- If your package is delayed, you must contact the shipping company directly to resolve the issue.
- Any damage due to delayed or mishandled packages cannot be refunded by us. However, we can help walk you through the process of filing a claim with the shipping company for refund on the insurance.
General shipping and plant health information
- Please note, some leaf damage and plant stress should be expected, as these are live plants being shipped in a dark space and are subject to rough handling and sometimes extreme weather. We take all precautions to reduce as much risk as possible, but we cannot guarantee how the plant will handle the stress of shipping.
- One or more yellowing or wilting leaves is common during shipping. Do not worry. This does not mean your plant is unhealthy. Oftentimes plants will sacrifice a leaf when stressed to provide enough nutrients to the rest of the plant.
- Plants may sometimes arrive with bent or torn leaves sustained during transit. This will not affect the health of your plant and is nothing to worry about.
- All of our plants are inspected before shipping to ensure the roots are strong and healthy enough to withstand the stress of shipping and flourish in their new home.
- Take photos of the package as soon as it arrives in your hands. This is required for any requests for refunds or replacements.
- If possible, try and adjust your schedule so you can be home when the package is delivered.
- If you cannot be home, leave a note for the delivery company detailing a shady area where they can leave the package so it will not be sitting in full sun. Plants are very susceptible to heat damage.
- Do your best to ensure the package is not sitting in front of the delivery address for more than a couple of hours to reduce the chances of added stress on the plant.
Unboxing your plants
- Unbox your plant as soon as it arrives.
- Record the entire unboxing process using a camera or phone capable of quality video. This is required for any requests for refunds or replacements. If possible, have a second person hold the camera or use a tripod so the video is clear without a lot of shaking and moving around.
- If you notice any damage or other unexpected issues with your plant, take clear photographs immediately after unboxing. This is required for any requests for refunds or replacements.
Shipping is a stressful experience for plants. To ensure it rebounds from this as quickly as possible, it is vital to adhere to the following guidelines for the first three weeks after receiving it.
- Don’t unpot your plant. Let it acclimate to its new environment in the media we provide for at least a week.
- Don’t cut or trim leaves/roots during the acclimation period. This will further stress your new plant.
- Some yellowing of leaves or dropping is normal just after shipping and during the acclimation period. Don’t worry about this.
- Provide your plant with adequate light, water, and fertilizer.
- Place your plant somewhere that allows for good drainage and airflow beneath the pot.
- Our plants are regularly treated for pests and diseases but we cannot guarantee every plant is completely free of them. Many are grown in our outdoor nursery. To ensure the safety of the rest of your collection, it is imperative to quarantine new plants during the acclimation period until you are sure it is free of any pests or diseases that might harm your other plants.
- If you have any issues or questions during the 1-3 week acclimation period time, please message us BEFORE taking any action. Unpotting or cutting the roots/leaves during the acclimation period will greatly reduce the survival rate of your plant and will decrease our ability to provide assistance, refunds, or returns.
We provide full order cancellation, with a full refund (minus a 10% restocking fee), within 24 hours of your order being placed. After 24 hours, it's on a case-by-case basis.
Returns, replacements, and refunds
- Although we take great pride in our packing and plant care here at Lazlo Plants, we are not immune to human error. If there is a problem with your plant please contact us within 3 hours of receiving it.
- By purchasing a plant at our store, through our website, through one of our live auctions or on any third-party platform, you agree to address any issues directly with us within 48 hours instead of involving a third party, excluding the outlined cases stated in our Plant processing and shipping section.
- When contacting us about a return, replacement or refund, please provide us with the recorded unboxing video, pictures of the package, and pictures of the plant in question. In your message, provide detailed information on why you feel the plant is not in proper condition. We do our best to respond to any issues as soon as possible but in some cases it may take up to 2 business days to receive our reply.
- With this information we will do our best to help you and your plant. In any case that a return or refund is issued, a 20% restocking fee may be deducted from the overall refund prior to issuance. We may request that the plant be shipped back to us, in which case, return shipping is not covered by us.
- We are not responsible for any packages sent to a wrong address so please double check your shipping address when checking out.
- We are not responsible for weather damages.
- All in-store sales are final. We do not accept returns for any reason, and there are no refunds on live plants. For dry goods, returns are allowed for unused and unopened products within 14 days.
- For online sales, returns are only allowed for reasons explicitly stated in our Purchase and Shipping Policies. There are no refunds for any reason if you do not contact us within 3 hours of receiving your order and provide us with pictures showing any potential issues, as well as detailed information on why you feel your plants are not in satisfactory condition. The pictures and detailed information must be sent via text, email, Facebook Messenger or Instagram. After this period, we cannot be held responsible for plants in your care.
- Shipping costs are non-refundable.